artist ryan lutz
Welcome, Im Southwest Florida artist Ryan Eddy Lutz- producing photography, transfer drawings, and other mixed media art. After the 2019 death of my partner, I took her art supplies, and began creating.
Growing up in the upholstery industry in Hickory, North Carolina, I gained an appreciation of good color. My works are first and foremost a study of color, and harnessing the power of color for large impactful pieces. Creating art is a hobby and it has been a therapeutic adventure. I hope you enjoy looking around.
Ryan lutz Influences
My works are in the spirit of the colorfield movement where the overall impact is in the color of the piece. Departing from colorfield tradition, I use imagery.
Top 3 art influences
1. Paul Delaroche (La Jeune Martyre) Young Martyr. This piece left a heavy impact, which I can not articulate.
2. Robert Rauschenberg (Captiva, Florida) His busy style and color mastery was groundbreaking.
3. Kristine Moore. my former partner, a jewelry designer who taught me balance/imbalance.
Ryan Lutz Mediums
2. Photography, including my travels(Rome, Madrid, Buenos Aires, Florence, San Miguel de Allende, Sevilla, Venice, etc).
3. Transfer Drawings- Printed photography transfers and gel medium transfers lend the distressed look you will see in my works.